Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A couple of Images from 2 Gigs Last Year

A colaborative Performance at Loop Bar with Cameron Brew
on the 29th of November 2010,
for the Bene Gesserit House Nursery Rhymes.


Me Performing at Loop Bar on the 25th of October 2010,
for the Bene Gesserit House Nursery Rhymes.
These are 2 gigs I’ve played recently. I was asked to play a gig on the 25th of October last year which was 1 day after I returned from a trip to Cairns. Just before I left to go, I had been playing around making tape loops and sampling them. What I was using was the high frequencies and hisses from the tape and modulating the sounds using a combination of filters to manipulate the texture of the sounds, creating a howling gale and moaning soundscape. I went from being in the Daintree Rainforest to performing in a bar in Melbourne in a day.

The second performance was a colaborative experiment with Cameron Brew. We had performed earlier in the year at the Library Art Space in North Fitzroy. Cameron had been talking about the ceremonial aspect of performing. For this second performance I had taken several samples from found vinyl records from a Japanese Temple and another of Buddhist Chanting and manipulated them live layering, reversing and filtering them. Cameron played using a feedback loop through a mixer using the mixers Aux sends to add distortion and delay.

I will be uploading the recordings from the gigs and putting them on the music page soon. I would like to thank Shane Reynolds for taking photo's and recording these events!!

No comments: