Monday, December 14, 2009

Music on Feillafe.com

Ok so I will start uploading one track a week onto music.feillafe.com, or at least attempt to. I already have one track on there, its called BrownNoise. You can stream it directly off the website. It is a track I made using my MPC 2000 classic. The way I make the sounds is by using a tone generator to sample "pure" tones like square waves or sign waves. The samples are then manipulated using the MPC to change the resonance and the tone. The moments when two sounds go in and out of phase creating waves, or oscillations create moments of tension and penetrate your awareness. The "movements" are fluid and do not follow a traditional format where there is a transition from one to another. The intention is to create a textured experience.

No comments: